8.45: Registration of participants.
9.15: Welcome and Opening speeches:
- The Italian Ministry of Justice has been invited
- Ms. Anna Rossomando – Vice-President of Senate of the Italian Republic
- Mr. Francesco Basentini – Italian Department of prison administration at the Ministry of Justice
- Mr. Patrizio Lamonaca – Director of Fondazione Nuovo Villaggio del Fanciullo and Project Manager of FAIR
10.00: Homage to the Victims of terrorism. The voices from a daughter and a mother:
- Ms. Debora Bornazzini and Ms. Valeria Collina.
10.30: High Level round table on current and future challenges on radicalisation in prisons:
Chairman: Vincenzo Spagnolo, Journalist of ‘Avvenire’ (TBC).
- “From Criminals to Terrorists: Critical Issues in Management, Radicalization, and Reform”,
Mr. Dorin Muresan, Board member, International Correction and Prison Association (ICPA);
- “Researching radicalisation to mitigate extremist violent behaviour”
Mr. Trevor Calafato, Senior Lecturer, Department of Criminology – University of Malta;
- “Critical Issues in managing radicalisation in the European prisons”
Mr. Alessio Scandurra, Associazione Antigone, Italia;
- “Religion and Radicalization in Prison: an empirical research”
Mr. Carlo Alberto Romano, Criminologist, Department of Law – University of Brescia;
11.30: Coffee break
11.45: Presentation of the main project results and discussion withthe following key-experts:
- Ms. Lucia Castellano, General Director, Department of external penal area and juvenile justice, Ministry of Justice
- Mr. Stefano Dambruoso, Magistrate, Bologna
- Ms. Irena Zemaitaityte, Professor, Institute of Educational Sciences and Social Work Mykolas Romeris University, Lithuania
- Mr. Carlos Fernandez, Member of the RAN Prison & Probation working group, Spain
- Mr. Yassine Lafram, President of UCOII – Union of the Italian Islamic Community –
- Mr. Andrea Manciulli, President “Europa Atantica”
- Mr. Claudio Bertolotti, Director, START InSight
- Mr. Graziano Lori, President Associazione “Cerchio Blu”, Firenze;
- Mr. Marcello Mattè, Chaplain, Bologna prison.
13.45: Closing remarks and recommendations by Mr. Patrizio Lamonaca and Mr. Luca Guglielminetti, Project Manager and Scientific Coordinator of FAIR project.
- The opinions and contents expressed in the context of the Conference are the sole responsibility of the FAIR proposers and speakers and are not attributable in any way to the Senate of the Republic or to bodies of the Senate itself, nor to the European Commission;
- Access to the room – with suitable clothing and, for men, an obligation to wear a jacket and tie – is permitted until the maximum capacity is reached
- The conference will be held in English and Italian with interpreting service.