“The rule of law and the prevention of violent extremism:
between policies and practices in European prison and probation systems”
11th September 2019
In ROME – ITALY, Sala Zuccari, Palazzo Giustiniani, via della Dogana Vecchia n. 29
The international conference addresses the problem of violent radicalisation with a special focus on the prison system. Conference programme includes:
- Homage to the Victims of terrorism.
- High Level round table on future challenges on radicalisation in prison,
- Presentation of the main results of 2-years research and in-field implementation of the EU supported project FAIR – Fighting Against Inmates` Radicalisation.
The conference is a milestone in the FAIR project, highlighting important results to discuss the follow up and the future challenges. FAIR during last 2 years addressed and actively included the following target groups through several activities:
- 170 PROFESSIONALS WORKING IN THE PRISON AND PROBATION SYSTEM (penitentiary police, social assistance operators, healthcare operators, volunteers, religious representatives, lawyers) were involved in training courses on prevent/counter violent extremism;
- 50 INMATES, either openly radicalised or vulnerable to extremist recruitment, were involved in our rehabilitation program;
- 162 STAKEHOLDERS, representatives from institutions, policy makers and judiciary systems, were involved in a Feasibility study for a model of alternative to detention centres targeted at the rehabilitation of radicalised inmates.
The conference is under the patronage of Senato della Repubblica and received the kind support of Radicalisation Awareness Network (RAN).
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
The conference will be interesting to prison and penitentiary staff (penitentiary police, social assistance operators, healthcare operators, volunteers, religious representatives, lawyers), policy makers and stakeholders from judiciary systems, students of criminal law and other interested parties.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
The conference is free and you can register to the email contact firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 31.08.2019 so we can guarantee your sit.
More information on the conference is available in the attached Conference Flyer.